Thursday, November 13, 2014

Your Smile.

Your smile. 
The twist of the corner to reveal your open heart.
Smote me so gently that I should start to wonder where your mind would roam
When it is just you and me alone.
Are you thinking of me and of memories past?
Are you thinking of the things that you gave up at last the day you took me to be yours?
We are so young.
Two hearts that were lost and searching for a place to call our own. I found my home in that smile.
I found my home in your laugh.
I found my home in your arms that held my body made of glass,
And protected me from every inevitable passing mistake.
You held me as I was, and you loved me anyway.
My heart was yours to take.
One day I fell... And I broke.
Shattered to pieces and forgiving words you spoke.
But you didn't see me the same way.
I no longer sparked in the light,
No longer reflecting and refracting a beauty from inside you once loved so tenderly.
You fell too...
But I know why.
You did it so we could be together...
Without guilt...
Without regret...
Perhaps you didn't know it, but you needed it... And I did too.
Love isn't about perfection, and loving without mistake.
Love is about accepting the other along with every time we take a step in the wrong direction.
We learn to love without contract and with conviction...
And we love each other even more for being the same.
Sometimes I wonder where your mind wanders.
Your smile.
Perfectly imperfect.

No comments:

Post a Comment